Travel Kit: Chettinad Edition

Hello all,

It has been a while since I wrote. Is it wrong of me to admit I’ve been a little uninspired…? Well, and also a little distracted, I guess. What with exams, and other end-of-first-year-in-college shenanigans!
But now summer is here. And I’m back!

Since it’s summertime, it goes without saying that I should take the opportunity to do some food exploring. So I’m off, with a few friends, seniors and faculty members to the historical land of Chettinad!

A few days ago, I saw a post on Instagram, where a Nat Geo explorer shared a picture of his travel kit for expeditions. So I thought I’d take inspiration, and share what I’m carrying on this trip:


Travel Kit:
Summer clothes – it’s going to be simply boiling there
Protection against scathing heat (sun glasses, sunscreen and a scarf)
Camera and voice recording app
Curiosity and a big appetite!



Now, here’s a few things I already know about Chettinad –

·      It is in Tamil Nadu
·      It is home to Chicken Chettinad
·      The cuisine uses a lot of poppy seeds
·      It was once the kingdom of the Chola Dynesty

But obviously there is much, much more to learn. I plan to keep my eyes peeled, my camera ready, and my voice-recording app ready to be whipped out on the double! I’d like to post updates as I travel… so fingers crossed about a good internet connection!


Comments