All Aboard Guwahati Express

So after a short, 3-day visit to Bombay, meeting some beautiful new people and some old favourites, it's finally time for me to board the train to the North East!



I've been preparing to enjoy the relaxing, scenic train journey across the country and dive into my food exploration as soon as I arrive in Guwahati on the 16th. 

But then after recently having read this article in Nat Geo Traveler, I realised, silly me! Travelling by the Indian Railways is one of the most fun food adventures one can have! Especially when traveling right across the country from the Western coast all the way to the Eastern corner.

And now as I board the train this morning, I'm super kicked to explore the railway food trails that the next 52 hours hold. I'm fully expecting varieties of beverages and snacks that evolve and take some new form every five hundred kilometres. And I'm especially hoping for the 'nimbu cha' with chaat masala alongside singing Baul musicians in West Bengal...

Praying for good network connection en route so I can, as always, obsessively share my discoveries on Instagram and Twitter


Comments

  1. sounds exhilarating
    do share your food experience once at destination

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts :)