How the journey began…



Food Writer. Food Historian. Food Anthropologist. Food Cosmetologist. Food Consultant. Gastronome… a few years ago I would never have even imagined that these are real career paths!

I've always known that I wanted a career in food, but wasn't sure exactly what. Turns out, these days you can combine multiple (seemingly unrelated) passions and turn them into a career!

Obviously, this discovery was very exciting to a young person like me just finishing high school! But it was also a little overwhelming. So many options and so little time to choose…

I decided that I didn't want to rush into college without finding out what these exciting new career options in the food world were really about. So I decided to take a year off from "formal education" and do some internships, really get my hands dirty, because that's the only way I'd know what I was getting into.

So here I am, 3 months into the journey.

Through this blog I want to try and record my journey and learnings, and share them with people who may benefit from them or may simply find them a fun read. So I hope you enjoy!

Comments

  1. Totally clueless about the terms you mentioned in the first sentence, this article lead me to Google them and needless to say, I feel like I am a much more knowledgeable person already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Keep them coming, Shivani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suchitra Narayan13 Nov 2013, 21:55:00

    A great way to decide on your career path... look forward to more postings... all the best...
    Suchitra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really appreciate all the support, thank you! I'm glad you all are enjoying reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts :)