WFTP Day 3 - When I got lost in Milan

Hello all. I have many things I’d still like to post here about my trip to the We Feed The Planet (WFTP) Global Youth Conference in Milan. However, after I returned I dove right into my end semester exams and then have been down with a bout of dengue, both of which kept me MIA. But since the last post was about Day 2 of the conference, here’s what happened on day 3. 

Day 3 looked exciting with some workshops from which I stood to learn a lot. But Milan had other plans for me….

Turns out I had a three hour break in between two of the workshops I wanted to attend. And so did a friend. So we decided to go on a walk and explore the area around the conference venue.

Except, we got a bit carried away. On wanderlust in a new city in a part of the world we may never visit again for years, we felt adventurous and intended to make the absolute most of the three hours we had, without really planning anything specific.

We just followed the beautiful streets

Passed by this Old Roman Catholic Church

So we walked. We just followed the trams and the plentiful, colourful graffiti, and the canals. We were pretty sure we had some bearing of where we were. But then that’s how most people get lost in the first place!

This fabulous wall of famous Italian characters!

Even spotted a strage rendition of Ganesha!

We just walked and walked along the canal. We didn't feel like turning back, it was such a lovely day!

I wouldn’t complain though. For the missed lunch and the sore feet, I did get a glimpse of Milan city. They do say that getting lost is a great way to explore a new place.

Eventually we were itching to get back because there were some very intriguing workshops we wanted to attend back at the conference. Trying bravely to follow maps, asking people for directions, which also we lost in translation, finally somehow we made it back to familiar streets. Exhausted and now a bit cold we were relieved to have made it back in time for most of the workshops we wanted to attend.  Me especially, for one on food education for children.


Mandatory tourist picture in front of graffiti wall!

It was the only day we really got much time to explore the city of Milan, or rather, just a tiny portion of it. But I did feel a sense of accomplishment! To have roamed about the streets, taking tourist-y pictures, and still managing to make it to most of the workshops of the day – it definitely a great day!


The bittersweet feeling when we finally got back to the conference

Comments