Day 11: My kind of retail therapy

Yesterday evening I went to the official Bangalore book launch of Rushina's 'A Pinch of This, A Handful of That' at the Godrej Nature's Basket store in Koramangala.


And while at the store, I fell prey to all their marketing tactics. I went straight from the sampling cheese platter at the event to the cheese counter downstairs, and redeemed all three of the (Rs 100 off on purchase worth Rs 1000) discount vouchers we were gifted at the event!

The store was like ingredient paradise, and I was like a kid collecting shells on the beach (something I still do, every time I visit a beach) -- I wanted to take home everything! I had to exercise serious restraint at the meats counter and limit my purchase to cured sweet chorizo and smoked pancetta. At the cheese counter though, I let myself go a little. I tasted at least 10 different cheeses while having a detailed conversation about chef schools with the man behind the counter, and ended up buying over half a kilo of cheese!

That's what I call my kind of retail therapy!





Comments