Day 17: Patatas Bravas!




Made patatas bravas with chorizo for lunch today. Yes, lunch. Typically it is eaten as a side, but my friend came home and we made it together and literally ate the whole pot of it for lunch! It was pretty good.

Although I definitely think I should buy spicy chorizo over sweet chorizo next time… the sweet one I’d bought this time lacked the kick that I loved about chorizo the first time I ate it. Chorizo is a cured meat, and is typically cured by smoking.  But what I used today didn’t taste very smoky at all… I wonder if it was cured differently or whether it just smoked for a very short time.


All this chorizo talk reminds me of a great article I read some time ago in National Geographic Traveler, about a sausage native to Goa, called Goan Choriz. It originates from Goa’s Portuguese ancestry, but is smaller in size compared to the large Spanish chorizo logs. I hope I get to taste this version of the cured pork sausage someday soon!

Comments