Day 15: Baking Upside Down...

I’d tasted a tiny piece of pineapple upside down cake for the first time not so long ago, and instantly fell in love with it! It has been on my must-bake list ever since. So today I decided to have a go at it.

Initially I was a little worried that the caramel sauce might burn in the oven, but it turned out brilliant! Thanks to a good recipe from Simply Recipes.




In fact, the nutty, caramelized cake with slightly chewy crusts reminded me so, so much of my all time favorite Tosca cake at WindsorPub. My family has been eating there since I was quite young, and for many years, every time we went there, I would ask them at the very beginning of our meal to save us two slices of the cake, or else they’d get sold out!

7


Incidentally, my blog has passed two fabulous milestones: 3250 page views and 200 likes on Facebook! It means so much to me that all of you find my thoughts, exploration and journey interesting. Thank you all so much, and keep reading!



Comments

  1. I can vouch for the Pineapple Upside down cake :) it was amazingly YUMMY. We were wicked thIs morning & had it for breakfast with our Jasmine tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heartily vouch for the yummyness of the PUDC. It vanished off the table in a minute... :-))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts :)