Day 5

Having congested sinuses, sneezing fits and an unlimited supply of phlegm is horrid. But it's even worse when you have a tub full of sorbet waiting for you in the freezer!

I decided to avoid my share of the sorbet last night and eat it for dessert this afternoon, in the hope that I'd be a bit better by then. But as it turned out, I was feeling quite ill and I just wanted something hot and spicy and soothing and comforting.

I thought wistfully of Rushina's spicy soup with poached eggs, that was the highlight of those days when one of us at the Studio had a stuffy nose or sore throat. But I wasn't sure what she puts into it. So I improvised.

Into the pot: red chili, ginger, hearty portion of garlic, spring onions, a bit of drumstick, stock cube, water. Boil, boil, boil. Taste. Salt. Taste. Plop in two eggs, poach. Shower with some torn up coriander. And voila! Lunch.



Comments